Rosacea is a very interesting skin problem, especially now that it is declared incurable. Unfortunate it may seem, but the only way to cure the problem is to manage the symptoms associated with it. The chronic skin condition usually starts as redness of the face’s central third area. After this redness factor, you can anticipate other symptoms to develop, such as tiny red pimples, flushing, and even eye problems among others.
Coping with rosacea is possible with the use of top topical solutions, which can reduce inflammation, redness, and irritation of your skin. However, you can get more skin relief by combining topical solution with diet and exercise changes.
Dietary Tips for Rosacea
The foods you eat are not direct causes of rosacea. In reality, rosacea problem has no known cause. However, it is clear that there are certain foods that can trigger rosacea flare-ups. You will identify these triggers yourself. But to jumpstart your dietary changes for rosacea treatment, you should consider the following helpful tips:
Feed your gut with good bacteria. Your body needs good bacteria in order to control rosacea symptoms from appearing. Also you may also have probiotics if you want to in order to discourage bad bacteria growth and encourage good bacteria development. Probiotics will not just enhance your immunity against infections, but also improve your digestion. The best probiotic food sources are the following:
- Kefir. The food is known for having various probiotic bacteria and rich amounts of protein. Having it in your cereal or breakfast meal will already be helpful in keeping your gut healthy.
- Pickles. The commodity is an excellent source of probiotics. You can create recipes out of it or simply snack it in.
- Miso. The popular Japanese seasoning will increase your probiotics when added to your stew or soup. It is commonly made by fermenting kojikin and soybeans with salt.
Drink plenty of water. Hydration is highly effective in order to make sure rosacea flare-ups will not come creeping up. Plenty of water will normalize the condition of your skin and keep it from dryness, which can irritate it even more. You need at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day.
Avoid drinking alcohol beverages. Alcohol is never advisable for rosacea. According to reports, most rosacea sufferers experience flare-ups whenever they drink liquors. If you cannot quit alcohol drinking right away, you can begin with minimal reduction first.
Limit starchy food consumptions. Foods that are high in starch encourage the growth of bad bacteria in the stomach. This can lead to inflammation of the skin. Instead of complex carbohydrates, refined sugar, and saturated fats, it is best to focus on fruits and vegetables. You should also consume great sources of omega-3 fatty acids. In actuality, following a Paleo diet can be an alternative to your rosacea alkaline diet. Most rosacea patients who followed Paleo diet reported improvements in their skin, distinctively in terms of rosacea and acne. Given below are among starchy foods you need to consume minimally or avoid:
- Pasta. Pasta is basically rich in starch. Instead of eating raw pasta, you have spinach or whole wheat pasta as alternative. Other than replacing your starchy pasta, it is best to have only 1/3 cup of pasta whenever you cook.
- Processed beans. You have to prevent canned, baked, and refried beans. They are starchy though they can provide you high amounts of protein.
- Pizza. Pizza may be your favorite, but you better stop eating it now. It is rich in starch due to its yeast, flour, and milk constituents. In addition to this starchy problem, it even contains meats and cheese that can trigger inflammation.
Avoid spices. If you often cook recipes with paprika, black pepper, cayenne, and red pepper, you should stop this habit starting today. They will only promote flare-ups whenever you consume them. Start substituting the spices with rosacea-safe herbs. For instance, instead of chili powder, you should have a teaspoon of oregano and two teaspoon of cumin.
Prevent extremely hot drinks. If you will drink coffee, chocolate, or tea, make it possible to cool it down first before sipping. Alternatively, you may reduce your consumption of hot drinks to one cup or two a day.
Exercise Tips for Rosacea
Other than your diet, the way you manage your exercise regimen can also affect your rosacea-affected skin. To prevent flare-ups during or after exercise, the following tips are the ones you should consider:
- Determine the rosacea-triggering exercise for you. Your exercise triggers for rosacea may be different from other patients. You have to identify what specific routines cause your skin to flare-up whenever you train.
- Prevent high-intensity workouts. You should avoid activities that require heavy exertion and too much sweat. They will only cause flushing and overheating of your skin. Obviously, you have to get rid of weight lifting. This practice only overheats the body and makes your skin prone to inflammation. As a solution, you should follow moderate to low-intensity workouts.
- Consider yoga program. Yoga is a workout routine, which will help you avoid skin conditions like rosacea. The exercise will help nourish your body with calmness and proper oxygen transportation. In addition to this, yoga does not push the body too much, making it strained improperly.
- Choose a cool environment. Make it possible to work out in a place where there is proper ventilation. Use an air-conditioner or open the windows for cool air.
- Cool yourself while exercising. You can use ice chips or cool towel on your skin whenever you feel you are about to flush.
- Break down your exercises in short-term sessions. If you have to exercise for 45 minutes, avoid doing so in one major stretch. It is best to break down your routine in three 15-minute sessions instead.
- Drink plenty of water. You need to cool your general system every day to support your exercise routine. Have at least 10 to 12 glasses daily.
Following the diet and exercise tips will give you great means of managing rosacea easily and conveniently even at home. Aside from these natural rosacea treatment, it is also best to use effective rosacea treatment solutions to help you manage its symptoms with faster results. Find out the best rosacea treatment today and pick the best treatment for you.