Eating right when you have rosacea is necessary if you want to manage your skin condition’s symptoms. As studied by doctors, the symptoms associated with rosacea are also triggered by foods you eat. Specifically, hot foods and drinks are major reasons why your flare-ups occur. In addition to this, there are certain acidic foods that tend to cause pH imbalance in your skin. This causes your skin to be more prone to inflammation and blood vessel dilation.
If you want to have ideas on what to cook or prepare for a healthy rosacea diet, you may then consider the following:
Garlic and Walnut Dip
Appetizers are must-haves in your meals. It is actually common for people to have smoked meats, dairy products, and pickled foods in their appetizers. However, the foods will not be advisable if you have rosacea. One of the best recipes you can have as substitute to your common appetizers is garlic and walnut dip. The following are the ingredients needed for the food:
- Three slices of toasted whole wheat bread
- Two tablespoons of parsley leaves
- A quarter cup of California walnuts
- One tablespoon of olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- Chopped four cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Three-quarter cup of water
To start cooking, just follow these steps:
- Process toasted bread in a processor to create fine crumbs.
- Add garlic and walnuts while the processor is running.
- Follow up other ingredients until the mixture is smooth. You may add water whenever necessary.
- Scrape the resulting mixture and place it in a bowl.
- Season the food with salt and pepper for taste.
Brussels Sprouts Salad With Apples and Candied Walnuts
If you want a rosacea-friendly side dish, this recipe is the best. You just need 20 minutes to prepare and cook the food. Given below are the ingredients you need for it:
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One big apple tart (sliced)
- Two tablespoons of butter
- One pound of quartered Brussels sprouts
- One teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- One tablespoon of sugar
- A quarter cup of walnuts (chopped)
- One tablespoon of butter
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
The following steps are to be followed for cooking the food:
- Use medium-low heated large skillet to heat olive oil and butter.
- Add apples and Brussels sprouts.
- Use salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Follow up rosemary and stir occasionally in eight minutes.
- Use a saucepan to melt butter (for walnuts preparation).
- Add sugars and stir.
- Add walnuts and continue stirring within a couple of minutes.
- Set aside the mixture by removing it from heat.
- Remove apples and Brussels sprouts. Let them cool down in two minutes.
- Place resulting salad in plate.
- 1Garnish the salad with walnuts.
The two recipes are just among many rosacea diet recipes you can eat. In actuality, you can make your rosacea diet enjoyable by experimenting with various recipes, which are healthier and safer.